Need Help? Need to Report a Problem? or Request Services?
The first place to look for a resolution to your computer problem is the web. But You can also report a problem and/or find a resolution to it in other ways:
By Work Order
(Help Desk - On-Campus users only)
To submit a work order to Help Desk, click here. When reporting problems, please include as much information as possible. The more information you can provide the faster we can determine the solution to your problem.
During normal business hours, we can be reached via phone by dialing ext. 3582
You can report your computer problem via e-mail by contacting us at the Help Desk and one of our technicians will get in touch with you soon. When reporting problems, please include as much information as possible. The more information you can provide the faster we can ascertain the solution to your problem. Such information includes:
- The exact nature of the problem.
- Which application(s) are experiencing the problems.
- Exactly what error messages are displayed.
- Which kind of system (DOS, Windows, Macintosh OS or UNIX) you're using.
- Where you are located when you have the problem.
- What date(s) and time(s) you experience the problem.
- How you are accessing the campus network (locally or via dialup).
- A phone number and/or email address where you can be contacted.
- Any other relevant information.
We welcome walk-ins! If you have a computer problem and are on campus, come in to the Help Desk (8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.) and we can assist you. We are located on the fourth floor of the Mega Structure on the Newark Main Campus.
Copyright © Essex County College | 303 University Ave. Newark New Jersey 07102 | (973) 877-3000
Site maintained and developed by ECC's Office of Information Technology.