Division of Business
Location: Level III, Green Area
Telephone: (973) 877-3222
Fax: (973) 877- 3550
The Division offers A.S. degree programs designed to prepare students to transfer to four-year institutions, and A.A.S. and certificate programs designed to prepare students for business careers immediately upon graduation or to develop technical skills in specialized areas. The faculty have diverse academic and professional back-grounds including years of practical experience in the business field. Cooperative education credits are offered to students in a number of program areas to develop real world experience and to enhance employability skills.
Choose from the following degree and
• Accounting (A.A.S.)
• Accounting (A.S.)
• Business Administration (A.A.S.)
• Business Administration (A.S.)
• Business Administration: Business Administration and Microcomputer Systems Applications Option (A.A.S.)
• Business Administration: Financial Service Option (A.A.S.)
• Business Administration: Hospitality Management Option (A.A.S.)
• Business Administration: Office Administration and Computer Technology Option (A.A.S.)
• Business Career Development (Certificate)
• Business Paraprofessional (Certificate)
• Information Systems Office Operations (Certificate)
• Internet-Web Page Design Specialist (Certificate)
• Microcomputer Systems Applications (A.A.S.)
• Office Assistant Program (Certificate)
• Retail Sales Specialist (Certificate)
• Word Processing (Certificate)
How Do I Get In?
Essex County College admits individuals who are at least 18 years of age or have earned a high school diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate.
To apply to the College, submit the ECC application and supporting documents (official high school and/or prior college transcripts, or official GED documentation) with the non-refundable $25 fee. You can secure the form on-line at webservices.essex.edu
For more information please call 973-877-3100.
A new Honors Program is available for academically talented and highly motivated students entering college for the first time or who are just completing their first semester of study at ECC. The program includes linked courses with an emphasis on research, an internship experience, and a capstone research project. Students must apply directly to the program. Eligibility criteria include an expected GPA of 3.5 or higher for students already enrolled. For further details, call 973-877-3204.