Congratulations Class of 2018!
The 49th Commencement Ceremony will be held on Friday, June 1, 2018, at 10 a.m., at the Prudential Center, in Newark.
Prudential Center Address & Parking
Address: 165 Mulberry Street, Newark, New Jersey
Parking: Prudential Center is surrounded by many parking garages and lots. You can purchase guaranteed, pre-paid parking for events at Prudential Center
https://prucenter.clickandpark.com/. Arrival time coincides with rush hour so please allow time for traffic and parking in Newark.
- Graduatesshould arrive by 8:30 a.m., and use the Ford Tower Entrance.
- Graduates should report to the intake table, pick up their Name Card, and quickly lineup
- with Academic Department of Major.
- Guests should use the Investors Bank Tower Entrance. Doors open at 9:00 a.m.
Commencement Participation Eligibility
The 2018 Commencement Ceremony is open to:
- Students who completed degree requirements as of August 2017, or December 2017.
- Students completing degree requirements as of Spring 2018 or Summer I 2018.
Graduation Tickets & Caps & Gowns
Graduation invitation tickets and caps and gowns will be distributed from the Enrollment Services Office according to the schedule below. Graduates do not need to fill out a cap and gown order form. We will fit you for one when you come to pick it up.
|Wednesda, May 16th||9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, May 17th||9:30 a.m. – 5:00:p.m.|
|Friday, May 18th||9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Monday, May 21st||9:30 a.m. — 4:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, May 22nd||9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, May 23rd||9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, May 24th||9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Friday, May 25th||9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, May 29th||9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
- Each graduate will be given up to (4) graduation invitation tickets. Graduates can invite as many family and friends as they wish. Tickets are NOT required for entry.
- Graduation invitations, cap and gown are released ONLY to the graduating student. If you want togive another person permission to pick up your package, they must present a letter signed by you. The letter should provide the name of the individual and they must present an identification.
- Caps and gowns must be picked up by May 29th. There will be no distribution at the Prudential Center.
- All courses required for degree must be completed.
- Cumulative Degree Grade Point Average (CDGPA) of 3.50 or better must be achieved. Only college level courses are included in the calculations of graduation honors.
- Students who have completed requirements for a degree, achieved 3.50 or better cumulative college grade point average are eligible to receive an honors stole. Honors designation will be indicated on diplomas and official transcripts.
- Summer I 2018 candidates, although eligible to walk in the ceremony will not receive honors designation or honor stoles until all courses required for their degree are completed.
Photos & Class Ring
The College has contracted a professional photography company to take your graduation photos. A complimentary proof of your photos will be sent to your e-mail account. There is no obligation to purchase and you are not required to bring a cap and gown, as one will be provided for you during the photo session. All class ring and photo dates will be held at the Dasher Student Center. For questions pertaining to class rings and graduation photos contact the Office of Student Life & Activities (973) 877-3208 on the Main Campus.
|Tuesday, May 22nd||10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, May 23rd||10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, May 24th||10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
|Friday, May 25th||10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.|
Class Ring Dates:
|Wednesday, May 23rd||11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, May 24th||11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, May 29th||After Graduation Rehearsal|
|Date:||Tuesday, May 29th, at 6 pm,|
|Place:||Essex County College, Gymnasium, Physical Education Building.|
Appropriate dress for the ceremony
- Business-casual attire is recommended.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended (no sneakers or slippers).
- Personal belongings should not be brought to the line-up area.
- The Student Processional starts at 9:45 a.m. The Ceremony starts at 10:00 a.m. and is two hours long.
- Division Chairpersons will signal students when it is time to walk to the stage. Candidates will hand in their Name Card to the Division Chairperson, walk across the stage, as their name is announced and proceed to center stage to receive their diploma cover.
- The ceremony will also be broadcast online at the Essex County College Website.
- After the ceremony, graduates will be directed to exit Prudential Center via the Ford Tower. Please plan to meet your families outside of the arena on Mulberry Street.
- Diplomas are not distributed at the Commencement Ceremony. All degree candidates will receive a diploma cover when walking on the stage.
- E-mail notifications will be sent to graduates when diplomas are available for pick up.
Request accommodations for persons with disabilities
- For Graduates: Please contact Dr. Victor Stolberg at (973) 877-3129 by May 25, 2018.
- For Guests: Please visit the Prudential Center website https://www.prucenter.com/azguide.htmlfor ADA Guide.
Questions about Commencement and graduation
- For more information regarding your graduation status or about Commencement, please visit the Enrollment Services Office