Refunds are given within the first two weeks of the fall and spring semesters and the first week of the summer 1 and 11 terms, with the following conditions:
- A sales receipt must be presented.
- Textbooks must be in top condition.
- Sealed/wrapped textbooks should not be broken; other factors may apply.
- Credit/debit card used in original transaction must be presented for returns.
Refunds after the periods stated above, and before mid-term are available under the following conditions:
- Class cancellation
- Total withdrawal
- Proof of Purchase
Refunds will be granted based on the condition of textbooks, and the time of purchase.
- Original store receipt, student identification, and credit slip are necessary to complete a credit transaction.
- Store credit must be spent within the semester issued.
Bookstore Financial Aid Voucher Policy
- Students must first attend all their classes to determine which books are required.
- Store credit is given only if textbook/merchandise is not available at the time of initial purchase and the end date for use of FA book voucher is approaching.
- Student must present valid Essex County College Identification.
- Students may buy textbooks and any other supplies they require.
- Students may also receive a credit to their Financial Aid account if return is made before the book voucher cut-off-date.
This policy also applies to Late Start Classes
Electronic Items and accessories are returnable within seven days of purchase, with the following condition;
- All parts intact including package
- Original receipt
Items of clothing are returnable within ten days of purchase with the following condition:
- As purchased ,with original tag
- Original receipt
- Stuffed Toys
- Reference Material
- Computer software, printer ink, and other computer accessories which have been opened.
Used Books Return Policy
Used textbooks may be returned as follows:
- Original Receipt
- First 2 weeks of Fall & Spring Semesters
- First Week of Summer I & II Terms.
30% off the purchase price